Reading app information
What makes our reading app stand out
- Secure video connection between reading mentor and child.
- Reading material from top publishers.
- Earn reading points.
- Read and play together and alone.
- Evaluation of reading behavior.
- DSGVO compliant.
- All data on German servers.
- PC/laptop (Mac or Windows) with webcam and Google Chrome browser.
- Apple iPad or an Android tablet (Android 9.0 or higher).
- Stable internet line with at least 10 Mbit/s.
- Does NOT work on smartphones (screen too small).
- Important: Access data can only be obtained by registering via LeseAllianz.
The process at a glance
- During reading time, the child and the reading mentor meet via the app through a video connection and choose a book to read together.
- The text to be read is visible to both at the same time.
- The child reads aloud, the reading mentor reads along, listens and supports the child.
- Parallel to the reading progress, the child collects reading points and a small avatar develops (e.g. a butterfly). This way, the child always sees how much he or she has already read.
- After reading together, there is still time for a game and conversation.
- We recommend a tablet or PC for participation; the screen is too small for a smartphone. If no device is available, a loaner device can be provided in individual cases.